Here attached the job description.
Job Title: Design Engineer
Department: RF Engineering
Reports to: VP, RF
Engineering FLSA Status: Exempt
- Completes design tasks on software, mechanical, board or sub assembly design tasks under direction of higher level engineer.
- Completes designs on software, mechanical, board or sub assembly design tasks ensuring specific design areas comply and work within overall technical design requirements.
- Works as part of larger design team under the direction of a higher level engineer.
- Works from detailed design specifications from detailed system level technical specifications and ensures designs comply with these specifications.
- Knows and understands concepts and procedures when applying engineering principles and practices.
- Stays abreast of new technology and design trends. Is capable of using design and simulation tools in the creation of designs but may not be proficient using these tools.
- Implements designs on software, mechanical, board or sub-assembly design areas as they relate to the overall systems requirements.
- Works with higher level engineers in implementing detailed designs.
- Works directly with higher level engineers, facilitating the exchange of ideas and design expertise within the organization.
- General knowledge in electrical, software and/or mechanical engineering but has not identified a field of specialization. Field of specialization can be categorized as PA Design, Small Signal RF Design, Digital/FPGA/DSP H/W design, Signal Processing S/W Design, Embedded S/W Design and Mechanical Design.
- Basic understanding of industry and products.
- Responsible for board level or smaller more well defined design tasks and ensures compliance to cost and schedule targets.
- Implements detailed design solutions for assigned design targets.
- Work within product development team environment where detailed design specifications are translated into a detailed software, hardware or mechanical design.
- Creation of the detailed design from software coding, mechanical design, schematic capture, thru PCB layout, prototyping, and release into production.
- Work closely with PCB personnel in the layout of critical hardware design circuits to ensure design operation.
- Work in conjunction with technicians in the development phases. Promote team work and good interpersonal relationships.
- Ensure design verification processes and procedures are thoroughly completed and documented.
- Follow engineering design processes and procedures in the design and product release phases.
- Implement design for manufacturability and test from the inception of the design and involve manufacturing personnel as needed.
- Provide clear and accurate updates to project and higher level engineers on progress of design tasks as it relates to the overall development.
- Ensure designs comply with all design targets including technical specifications, functionality, unit cost target, and product development schedule.
- Position reports to VP, RF Engineering and Project Engineer on a project by project basis.
- Direct reports include: None
- Internal relationships exist with all functional departments and specifically manufacturing, purchasing, and technical service.
- External relationships exist with suppliers/vendors and standards organizations.
- On-time, on budget software, mechanical, board or sub assembly designs.
- Implementation of design for manufacturability.
- Follow processes and design verification guidelines that yield no scrap or rework due to design related issues.
- Products designed in accordance to all detailed specifications as assigned.
- Adherence and performance to department and company budgets.
- Team work.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field plus 0 to 2 years experience.
- Capable of taking well-defined tasks and implementing a design to meet the task’s criteria.
- Good knowledge of broadcast or electrical and electronic hardware or software architectures.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and practices, design for manufacturability, and design verification and performance testing
- Works under supervision and some specific direction.
Personal Trait Profile
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with other organizations facilitating team work.
- Ability to convey ideas to other team members including project engineer.
- Ability to work with other engineers on day to day technical issues facilitating teamwork and resolution.
Scope and Impact of Position
A Design Engineer will impact the company’s reputation for reliable products on a board and subassembly level. This individual’s technical expertise and experience will impact our ability to implement and develop quality designs into the marketplace.
$55,000 to $70,000
If you think you have the right requirements to join our team, contact us here.